Last Updated Date: June 14, 2023
All questions, comments, and requests regarding data processing at Automation Hero Inc., 548 Market St, Suite 58693 San Francisco, California 94104-5401 US, should be addressed to email@example.com.
- You visit our websites or social media channels (each a “Site”); and
Automation Hero often processes customer Personal Information as data processor, without knowing its content or origin. The customer is regarded as the data controller for such data within the meaning of applicable data protection laws, and Automation Hero adheres to the privacy terms in its agreements with customers regarding the handling of customer Personal Information. If you have any questions about how your Personal Information is used or you wish to exercise any rights under applicable data protection laws as part of the Services, please inquire with the applicable customer directly.
Collection and Use of Information.
Our primary goals in collecting information from you are to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), to improve the functionality of the Services and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Services.
Your Account Information.
If you create Account with us, we will collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address and phone number. We may collect this information directly from you, or, if you provide us with your login credentials, from a social networking site (“SNS”) such as Facebook, in which case we may access and collect Personal Information from your SNS account based on that account’s privacy settings. To create your Account, we may also access and collect Personal Information and other information from Third Party Accounts that you link to your Account.
Third-Party Account Information.
If you have an Account, in order to provide the Services to you, we’ll access, collect and, in some instances, store some or all of your content from Third Party Accounts that you link to your Account. Examples of Third Party Accounts that may be linked to your Account include Google Gmail and calendar accounts and Salesforce accounts. If you link your Google Gmail and calendar account(s) to your Account, then we will access your user data associated with those accounts via the Google API. Examples of information that we may access, collect and/or store from your Third Party Accounts include e-mail communications, e-mail opening information from individuals you communicate with, calendar event information, contact information from your Gmail and Salesforce address books and other data from your Salesforce account. We may combine, enhance or aggregate information from your Third Party Accounts with publicly-available information. For example, we may enrich contact information from your Gmail and Salesforce address book with public database information such as company size and estimated revenue. We may also access and use your Google user data to recommend updates to your linked Salesforce account, such as updating your Salesforce CRM to include colleagues from your Gmail contacts, or syncing customer communications between your Gmail and Salesforce accounts. If you authorize us to update your linked Salesforce account, then we may share your Google user data with Salesforce for the purpose of updating your linked Salesforce account. We may also access, use and store your Google user data in aggregated and non-identifying form for the purpose of improving, customizing and enhancing the Services.
Information Related to Your Purchase(s).
Information Collected Using Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
We use automated data collection tools such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect certain information.
- Web Beacons. We may use Web Beacons (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) – tiny graphics with a unique identifier – for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services and to monitor how many visitors view our Services. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
Information Collected Automatically.
Our servers automatically record certain information about how you use our Services (we refer to this information as “Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you visited before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services that you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that you clicked on and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services. We may use your IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used.
Information Sent by Your Mobile Device.
We collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our Services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Services.
When you use our App, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
How We Use Your Information
We Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To provide the Services or respond to user requests, including to:
- Manage individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Answer requests for customer or technical support.
- For administrative purposes including to;
- Measure interest and engagement in our Site and Services;
- Conduct research and development;
- Improve our products and Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify individual identity;
- Communicate with you about your Account, activities on our Site and Services and policy changes;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- Enforce our Terms.
Information that We Share with Third Parties
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others or the public in general, or to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable; to enforce our policies or contracts; to collect amounts owed to us; if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- To business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Through our Services, we may allow third party advertising partners to set Cookies, Web Beacons, local storage, and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Site and Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your Personal Information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy;
- To any other third party but only with your prior consent to do so.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. We utilize Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc., that we use to gather information about how visitors engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Third Party APIs and Software Development Kits
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties including advertising partners to collect your Personal Information to provide content that is more relevant to you. We use the following SDKs: Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) and ObjectiveFS. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are Processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly Processed Personal Information; and (vi) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Communications from Us.
The Security of Your Information.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect (including your Personal Information) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. Our Services may include publicly accessible blogs, forums, social media pages, and private messaging features. By using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
Links to Other Sites
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, Processed, maintained on, and stored outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction (including, but not limited to, the European Union, the United States or other countries) where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your Personal Information to us, we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States and Process it there. Personal Information may be stored in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request.
Your Choices: Right to Object to Processing
- General. You have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to the Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further Processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Site, Services and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for other legal purposes as described above.
- Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- Do Not Track. Our Site does not have the capability to respond to or honor ‘Do Not Track’ signals or similar mechanics received from various web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and other technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
California Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our Processing of your Personal Information violates applicable law.
- “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Sensitive Data” or “Sensitive Personal Information” is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a “Special Category of Personal Data” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (7) health information; (8) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (9) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
Licenses and Image Sources
License: Creative Commons
License: Creative Commons
GDPR Privacy Notice for Recruitment
Last Updated Date: July, 2021
Automation Hero, Inc. (“Automation Hero”, “We”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Automation Hero.
We use external service provider, including for an online application system, to assist with Our recruitment process. We use these external service providers to process personal information as a data processor on Our behalf. Said personal data may be stored in the US. Any transfer of personal data out of the EU concerning these service providers will be covered by Standard Contractual Clauses. You may receive a copy of said Standard Contractual Clauses by contacting Us (see “Contact” below).
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from Us in respect of the progress of your application. For such processing the respective Partner is the data controller. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- Information sourced by our recruiters through public profiles such as LinkedIn, GitHub, HireTual etc. Please also see “Information we collect from other sources”.
- In particular, We process contact and identity details as well as your application documents. This includes details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to Us. Should you be a viable candidate for one of our offices abroad, this might also include information on your work authorization status.
- If you contact Us, We may temporarily keep a record of that correspondence for up to 6 months.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that We may conduct.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain the above data about you from other sources, including recruitment agencies, the references you provide us with, websites and other publicly available information on the Internet, depending on the specific hiring process.
The online application system provides Us with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Our online application system allows Us to search various databases – some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (including your CV or Resumé), to find possible candidates to fill Our job openings. Where We find you in this way We will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for Our business more generally.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are:
- The recruitment of staff for Our, or Our subsidiary´s offices.
- The management and improvement of the recruitment process.
- The administrative and management optimization.
- The procurement of evidence for legal procedings.
Where you apply for a job opening through the LinkedIn Apply functionality, We rely on your consent, which is given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to Indeed on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To carry out your recruitment process, e.g. to communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process or evaluate your aptitude for the job.
- To enhance any information that We receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings.
- To carry out the employment relationship, especially in regard to Human Resources (“HR”).
- To assert and defend legal claims.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use an online application system to select appropriate candidates for Us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who will or will not be contacted, interviewed or engaged to fill the job opening will be made by Our staff.
Disclosure of Your Information
As a member of a multinational enterprise operating under a matrixed management structure, We may share your information with Our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes mentioned above, should you be a viable candidate for their offices. However, those international intra-group data transfers only take place from the USA to the EU or EEA and not vice versa.
As set out above, We pass your information to Our third party service providers, including the provider of the online application system, who use your personal data only in accordance with Our instructions and as otherwise required by law.
Where you have applied for a job opening through the LinkedIn Apply functionality, and where you have consented to this disclosure, We will disclose to LinkedIn Apply certain personal data that We hold, including but not limited to a unique identifier used by LinkedIn to identify you, and information about your progress through Our hiring process for the applicable job opening, as well as tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present, or future information that We hold about you, such as your name, contact details and other information involving analysis of data relating to you as an applicant for employment (collectively “Disposition Data”).
LinkedIn’s Privacy Notice in respect of LinkedIn’s use of the Disposition Data is available on LinkedIn’s website.
Where you have applied to a job opening through another Partner, We may disclose data similar to the Disposition Data defined above to those Partners for their own purposes. The Partner shall be the data controller of this personal data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
How We Store Your Personal Data
Where We store your personal data
Most of your personal data is stored in Our own systems.
The data that We collect from you and process using an online application system may be stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers.
How long We keep your personal data
We will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the above-mentioned purposes for which they were collected or for legal obligations.
Such legal obligations may arise particularly under tax and commercial law. If your data is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of contractual or legal obligations or for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes, they will be deleted; unless they are needed to secure, assert or enforce legal claims. In this case, we will retain them in accordance with the regular limitation period. During this period, this data is blocked and is no longer available for any other use.
In general, should we not employ you after the application process, the data will be deleted six months after the application proceeding has ended at the latest.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require Us to correct, rectify or updatein your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- otherwise restrict Our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- object in certain other situations to Our continued processing of your personal data
This right may apply where the Processing of your Personal Data is based on the legitimate interests of Automation Hero
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact us using Our Contact details below
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have verification of your identity and address
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about Our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automation Hero, Inc.
548 Market St Suite 58693,
San Francisco, CA 94104
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: automationhero.ai