10+ sales AI stats you didn’t know
May 08, 2019 by Jessica Munday
Sales AI is at the top of business leaders minds. Nearly half of companies are looking to implement artificial intelligence for their sales and marketing teams. Yet, sales AI is still very new so naturally, there’s a big learning gap for managers.
Many are curious but few have any real idea about what it can do or just how important it is to adopt.
As expensive sales forces and inefficient processes weigh on businesses bottom line, AI helps boost both revenue and productivity.
To help you get more “in-the-know” about sales AI and it’s potential, we threw together some sales AI stats that show just how prevalent these technologies is for businesses.
- By 2020, 30% of all B2B companies will employ AI to augment at least one of their primary sales processes. (Gartner)
- AI is the top growth area for sales teams — its adoption is forecasted to grow 139% over the next three years. (Salesforce)
- 46% of companies say that marketing and sales is the area where they are most investing in AI adoption systems. (Forrester)
- Triple-digit growth is expected in areas such as predictive intelligence (118%) and lead-to-cash process automation (115%) in the next three years. (Salesforce)
- High-performing sales teams are 2.3x more likely than underperforming teams to currently use guided selling. (Salesforce)
- Currently, 40% of sales tasks can be automated, but by 2020, 85% could be automated. (McKinsey)
- High-performing sales teams are 10.5x more likely than underperformers to experience a major positive impact on forecast accuracy when using intelligent capabilities. (Salesforce)
- 83% of the most aggressive adopters of AI and cognitive technologies said their companies have already achieved either moderate (53%) or substantial (30%) benefits. (Deloitte)
- 85% of executives believe that AI will enable their companies to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage, but only about 20% have incorporated AI in some way, and less than 39% have an AI strategy in place. (MIT)
- By 2020, AI will be a top five investment priority for more than 30% of CIOs. (Gartner)
- High-performing sales teams are 2.8x more likely to be outstanding or very good at predictive intelligence. (Salesforce)
- When automating lead nurturing activities such as email campaigns and follow-ups, users have shown a 14.5% increase in sales productivity. (Salesforce)
- 56% of customers actively seek to buy from the most innovative companies. (Salesforce)
Companies are already adopting these technologies at a high speed and there’s a winner-takes-all situation here. Those that use AI to solve their biggest inefficiencies will gain more revenue and far outcompete others in their market.
The time is now to start learning about sales AI so that you can properly implement it before it’s too late.
For more sales AI stats, download our ebook with more than 50+ sales AI statistics.